[Win32utils-devel] Forwarded question about telnet and environment

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:25:36 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've forwarded the following question from Steve Tuckner.  Any ideas?

 From Steve -

"I found this open source telnet server that I modified for my own
purposes to run programs through telnet and display them in my own ruby
console. It works pretty well, but I don't get my environment (I only
get the system environment). The call used to run processes is:
CreateProcessAsUser().  The telnet server runs as a service and so when
I call GetEnvironmentStrings() I don't think I get my user's local
environment variables. Do you know how to get the whole environment for
a user?"