[Win32utils-devel] Win32 Service Timeout command

=?EUR-KR?Q?=B9=DA=C8=F1=BC=B7?= phasis at nownuri.net
Tue Nov 22 22:59:42 EST 2005

Hi,
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 16:06:24 -0600, Berger, Daniel wrote

I think the following is a reasonable approach.

Call the function
SetTheServiceStatus(SERVICE_START_PENDING, NO_ERROR, checkpoint, 0);
with incremented checkpoint each step of initializing process.

I'm basing my opinion on this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
us/dllproc/base/service_status_process_str.asp

dwCheckPoint
Check-point value that the service increments periodically to report its progress during a
lengthy start, stop, pause, or continue operation. For example, the service should increment this
value as it completes each step of its initialization when it is starting up. The user interface
program that invoked the operation on the service uses this value to track the progress of the
service during a lengthy operation. This value is not valid and should be zero when the service
does not have a start, stop, pause, or continue operation pending.