[Win32utils-devel] ruby services

Berger, Daniel Daniel.Berger at qwest.com
Mon May 16 14:35:13 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've started a new project in the Win32 Utils CVS repository called
"ruby-services" (in the toplevel directory, not under win32utils).  The
goal is to provide services for some of the more popular Ruby server
programs out there.

For the first service, I've wrapped WEBrick's HTTPServer.  However, I
would like to add other popular servers as well.  Things like Instiki or
Ruwiki.  I also wouldn't mind seeing some custom built services, such as
an XML-RPC service that folks could use to remotely admin Windows boxes
from a Unix machine.  Or whatever your minds can come up with.

If you are interested in contributing a service, let me know and I'll
give you commit access.  Please take a look at the files included under
ruby-services/webrick to see how I did things and use that as a
baseline.  You should create each service under its own directory, e.g.
if you want to create a "foo" service, then it should go under

I'll be releasing the first version of ruby-services shortly.