[Win32utils-devel] Symlinks for Windows

Timothy Byrd timbyrd at pobox.com
Tue May 3 03:03:29 EDT 2005

> Zach Dennis wrote:
>
>> I can see where confusion may play a part. I will second 'junction'. Any
>> idea on the time, effort or level of difficulty on putting this in ruby?
>
> I mean putting this in a ruby extension. =)

Back in mid-March, I'd posted code for creating junctions and getting the
target of a junction.  It's pure Ruby, but easy to translate to C.  Here it
is again.

The source is 17k, but that's because it includes a pile of constants for
implementing future file ops, and simple routines to convert between unicode
and ascii.

Hope this helps,

-- Timothy