[Win32utils-devel] Possible win32-dir mods

Daniel Berger djberg96 at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 23:38:34 EDT 2005

Hi Zach (or anyone with VC++ 6),

I was hoping you would test a couple things for me.
The first thing I would like you to try is replacing
"#include <shlobj.h>" with "#include <shfolder.h>".
That, or try including both.

If that doesn't do the trick, the next thing I'd like
to try is commenting out all the rb_define_const lines
that were undefined except CSIDL_ADMINTOOLS.  Then put
this somewhere near the top of dir.c:

#ifndef CSIDL_ADMINTOOLS
#define CSIDL_ADMINTOOLS 0x0030
#endif

Then recompile.  Assuming it works, then try "put
Dir::ADMINTOOLS" and see if it prints out anything.
If it doesn't print anything out, then I'll know it's
not worth defining them manually.  I'll just wrap the
rb_define_const function calls.

Thanks.