[Win32utils-devel] ChangeNotify help wanted

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Thu Jan 20 16:44:41 EST 2005

Hi all,

I've checked in some code to win32-changenotify.  Unfortunately, it
doesn't work right.  I need some help.  I don't understand what,
exactly, I'm supposed to pass to ReadDirectoryChangesW() for the 2nd
argument, nor how to read the data back out.

There's also a WCHAR issue that needs to be worked out with regards to
the FileName FILE_NOTIFY_INFORMATION struct member.

Please see the changenotify_init() function in changenotify.c.