[Win32utils-devel] question about changejournal

Park Heesob phasis at nownuri.net
Thu Dec 22 06:46:02 EST 2005

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Berger, Daniel" <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com>
To: "Development and ideas for win32utils projects"
<win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Win32utils-devel] question about changejournal

I did find this article a long time ago:
http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1099/journal2/journal2.aspx

"As we mentioned last month, there is no easy way to take an FRN and convert
it to a full path. If you want to do this, your applications must keep an
internal database of all directories (not all files) on a volume and their
FRNs. (Yes, this is a lot of extra code you'll have to write, but we'll
explain the benefit of doing this at the end of this section.) It is up to
you to implement the database functionality. We'll show you how to populate
the database, use it to get the full path from a journal record, and how to
keep it up to date while your application is running. "

I know what to do. I have the working C source code. Only I need is some
free time to port it.

Dan, I'll try to implement it until your coming back :)

I wish you have good vacations!