[Win32utils-devel] win32 service

Daniel Berger djberg96 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 16:32:22 EST 2005

Daniel Berger wrote:

>>Notice I'm not running under the system account. I'm
>>running as myself
>>qualified with a domain name.
>>
>>I can't seem to get win32service to work with
>>start_name="PWRNAV\\erne".
>>

>I'm not sure what you mean here.  Do you mean the
>'-user PWRNAV\erne' switch is causing the problem?
>Otherwise, I'm not sure where you would be using
>'start_name' to start a service.

Alright, I think I've distilled this down to the fact that he's having a
hard time with Service#configure:

serv = Service.new

# This fails
serv.configure_service{ |s|
   s.service_name = "WebrickSvc"
   s.start_name = "NT AUTHORITY\\LocalService"
}

# This works fine
serv.configure_service{ |s|
   s.service_name = "WebrickSvc"
   s.start_name = "LocalSystem"
}

Does the former require a password?  I read the docs on
lpServiceStartName in ChangeServiceConfig(), but no luck.//