[Win32utils-devel] win32-process + ruby-breakpoint = strange behavior

Bill Atkins batkins57 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 10:39:02 EDT 2005

I'm getting really strange behavior with win32/process.  Here's the code:

-----
  require 'win32/process'
  require_gem 'ruby-breakpoint'

  x = Process.create :app_name => "ruby bin/run_device.rb
devices/terminal_server.rb"

  puts "done"
  puts "done"

  Process.kill 9, x

  puts "done"
------

Running this code gives me a segfault

----
  C:\development\simulation>ruby ptest.rb
  done
  done
  ptest.rb:9: [BUG] Segmentation fault
  ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]

  This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

  C:\development\simulation>
-----

But if I remove one of the "puts "done"" lines, it works correctly.
It seems that if I have two puts's in a row anywhere, I get a segfault
when I kill the process.  This only occurs if ruby-breakpoint is
loaded.

This is fairly bizarre.  It's not a severe issue, because I can get by
without ruby-breakpoint, but does this happen to anyone else?

--
Bill Atkins

--
Bill Atkins