[Win32utils-devel] Open3 progress

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Wed Oct 6 00:30:16 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've got an initial version of Open3.popen3 checked into CVS, along with a
test suite, a sample program and some of the usual files (README, etc).
This is just Park's win32_popen package stripped down and modified to match
the Open3 API.

So far, so good.  For the first release, I've decided that we should strip
it down to popen3 only.  We can always add popen2 and popen4 back in later.
Also, I've dropped support for Win9x or ME.

What's left?  Well, I need to write the docs yet.  Also, I need to write
some tests for the modes and generally figure out how modes work for popen3
on Win32.  Any help or docs in that area appreciated. :)

Also, I have a feeling the RubyCreateProcess() function could be stripped
even further since we're not supporting Win9x or ME, but I'm a little too
nervous to do any more for now.  If anyone has any suggesions for what we
can chop out of there, please let me know (or make changes and commit). :)

I'd like to have a release out this weekend if possible.