[Win32utils-devel] SIGINT in win32-process

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Sat Nov 20 22:52:49 EST 2004

Hi all,

I banged my head all day trying to make SIGINT work like you would expect on
Win32, to no avail.  The goal is to allow the user to send a SIGINT (i.e.
CTRL_C_EVENT) to a remote process.  I tried a CreateRemoteThread() +
GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent() approach with no luck.  I also found this bit of

But, I can't seem to make it, or my own attempts, work.  For further
clarification, here is what I'm trying to accomplish.  Start this program on
one console:

# test.rb
   puts "Got signal"

puts "PID: " + Process.pid.to_s

while 1
   puts "Hello"
   sleep 3

Then, from another console, try to send Process.kill(2,pid) using
win32-process.  You will need to modify process_kill() in process.c slightly
to make sure case 2 is the ctrl_c handler.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible?  Help wanted.

In the immortal words of Socrates, "I drank what?"