[Win32utils-devel] File.nopen alpha

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Fri Nov 12 10:41:35 EST 2004

> WARNING: You are gone too far into the ruby core :-)
>
> I think the Ruby developer should implement the win32 open
> function compatible with unix. We might take over nopen
> function to win32 expert ruby developer like NAKAMURA Usaku
> <usa at ruby-lang.org> or Nobuyoshi Nakada  <nobu at ruby-lang.org>.
>
> Regards,
>
> Park Heesob

How would you make a native win32 open function Unix compatible?  I
don't follow.  Of course, I certainly wouldn't mind if Nobu were to join
Win32Utils. :)

In other news, I've eliminated the path issue by aliasing File#path, and
then redefining it.  If the original File#path fails, it resorts to
GetFullPathName().  Seems to work just fine.

As for the write issue, it looks like it's being caused by the
rb_io_check_writable() function in io.c.  I'll dig deeper into this.

- Dan