[Win32utils-devel] rdoc, ri and gems

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Wed Nov 3 11:03:17 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've been going over the chapters on RDOC and gems lately.  I think we
should probably work on making the code in Win32Utils "rdoc" friendly.
I've started doing this with 'win32-ipc' as an experiment.

This probably means some directory reorganization, because I think gems
looks for extensions in an 'ext' directory, whereas we have everything
under 'lib' for now.  I'll change that if I have to.  I may also move
the 'examples' subdirectory to the toplevel.

I'm in no big hurry to do this, however.  I'm not finding rdoc to be
very flexible or friendly and some things don't work the way I think
they ought to.  Also, I know this probably means delaying another
release of the installer.  However, I like the ri documentation, so if
that means switching to rdoc over rd, so be it.  I plan on keeping the
.txt and .rd files around, though.

I'll use win32-ipc as an experiment and see how it goes.