[Win32utils-devel] win32-process - mixing Process into Object

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Sat May 8 22:52:07 EDT 2004

I've committed a new version of process.c, which removes the Win32 toplevel
module/namespace and defines the methods directly in the Process module.

One thing I want to accomplish, however, is the ability to call fork()
without having to using the Process constant, i.e. fork vs Process.fork.

In pure Ruby, you can do this:

module Process
   def fork
      puts "fork!"

class Object
   include Process

fork # -> "fork!"

In the process.c file I tried rb_include_module(rb_cObject,rb_mProcess) at
the end of the Init() function, but it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas on how we can accomplish this?