[Win32utils-devel] Re: namespace for File, Process?

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Sun Mar 21 10:20:01 EST 2004

>Dan,

>>namespace.  That way, you don't have to explicitly state
>>Win32::File.hidden?, for example.  You could just do File.hidden?.

>But then it will not work on non-Windows platform, right ? I do not see
>see any version of File.hidden? anywhere, unless it is on my blind spot.

No, you misunderstand.  I'm not suggesting that we modify core Ruby.  Just
that we extend the File and Process/Kernel class.  e.g. if I do class File;
def foo; end; end; I haven't replaced the File class just extended it.  So,
I just mean dropping the Win32 module/namespace in the case of File and
Process (or any class that we extend).