[Win32utils-devel] namespace for File, Process?

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Sat Mar 20 14:26:09 EST 2004

Hi all,

A user on IRC expressed an opinion that I've been considering myself.  That
is, for the Win32::File and Win32::Process classes, simply extend the
existing File and Process classes, i.e. don't put them under the Win32
namespace.  That way, you don't have to explicitly state
Win32::File.hidden?, for example.  You could just do File.hidden?.

I guess for Process, that would mean putting fork under Kernel.

What do you think?