[Win32utils-devel] Re: win32-mmap test suite

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Tue Mar 9 10:48:07 EST 2004

>> I just tried running tc_mmap.rb and noticed that something rather
curious
>> seems to happen.  The call to Mmap.new in setup seems to cause the
test
>> suite to just exit without ever actually running the tests.
>>
>> I reduced the test suite to just this bit of code.  This works,
although the
>> final test (TypeError) does not pass - no exception in thrown.
>>
>> This is 1.8.1 on Win2k.

>I modified mmap.c and tc_mmap.rb for test suite
>Sorry for causing inconvience to you :)

I checked out the latest source for win32-mmap at work and now I get
segmentation faults when I try to run the tc_mmap.rb, or any of the test
scripts, actually.  And no, I didn't futz with Dir.pwd this time. ;)

Windows XP Pro
Ruby 1.8.1 (Windows installer)
VC++ 7.0

Could this be a Windows Installer issue?  I suppose I can rebuild Ruby
and find out - just thought I would mention it.