[Win32utils-devel] New allocation framework and other stuff

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Wed Jul 14 01:18:42 EDT 2004

Hi all,

To be fully "1.8 compliant" I've been updating some of
the packages recently as you may have noticed.  Mostly
this has been a matter of replacing STR2CSTR() with
StringValuePtr().

I'd also like to start using the new allocation
framework where relevant, too.  I didn't use this for
a long time because we were using 1.6.8 at work, but
that's not an issue any more.

I've modified win32-ipc and checked in the changes to
CVS.  Seems to build and run fine.  Any chance someone
could look over the changes and verify that I did
things correctly?  I'm also worried about putting this
package out ahead of its subclasses (before they're
updated), so I'd like to change all of them before I
release any of them.