[Win32utils-devel] daemon class

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Tue Jan 27 12:38:12 EST 2004

Hi all,

I was thinking that maybe we should separate the Daemon class into its
own package.  Partly because the service.c file is getting a little
messy and partly because it seems logical to separate the service
control side from the service implementation side.  Thus, you would
have:

require "win32/service"
require "win32/daemon"

Also, I noticed that the current Daemon class uses the 1.8 allocation
framework.  Do we want to scrap support for 1.6.x?  If so, should we
change the Service class to use the 1.8 allocation framework?