[Win32utils-devel] win32-etc cvs

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Mon Feb 23 23:21:25 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've got the beginning of win32-etc 0.2.0 checked into cvs.  This includes a
new sub-module called Admin that includes the add_user, delete_user, and
change_password methods.  I eventually will add a config_user method as
well, plus whatever else I feel like tossing in. :)

One issue I'm having is with the change_password - no matter what I try, I
always get "invalid password".  I tried with straight C as well, to no
avail.  Anyway, I was hoping someone could take a look at the code and see
if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Also, I'm not real clear on when I should be casting LPCWSTR types to WCHAR
using MultiByteToWideChar().  One thing I did notice is that if you add a
user as a WCHAR, you have to *find it* that way as well, so I'm a little
concerned.

Help, ideas, suggestions welcome.