[Win32utils-devel] Curious pause/resume behavior

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Mon Feb 9 09:19:40 EST 2004

Hi all,

While testing the pause/resume functionality with the daemon_test.rb
script, I noticed this odd bit of behavior.  It appears that sometimes,
the pause command seems to actually stop the service.  It doesn't happen
every time - just sometimes.  Here is a bit of command line history to
demonstrate:

C:\eclipse\workspace\win32-service-0.4.0\test>ruby daemon_test.rb start
VERSION: 0.4.0
Ok, started

C:\eclipse\workspace\win32-service-0.4.0\test>ruby daemon_test.rb pause
VERSION: 0.4.0
Ok, paused

C:\eclipse\workspace\win32-service-0.4.0\test>ruby daemon_test.rb resume
VERSION: 0.4.0
daemon_test.rb:88:in `resume': The service has not been started.
(ServiceError)
        from daemon_test.rb:88

At this point, I looked at the service using the gui and it was stopped.
Any idea why this might be?