[Win32utils-devel] Service event hooks question

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Thu Feb 5 15:55:18 EST 2004

In order to be able to call event hooks as I mentioned previously it
looks like I'll have to do something like this in Service_Ctrl():

// For example
if(dwCtrlCode == SERVICE_CONTROL_STOP){
   rb_funcall(self,rb_intern("send"),rb_intern("on_stop"));
}

There are a few problems.  First, I'm not sure I'm calling that
properly.  Second, I don't know how to get "self" into the method - I
making cDaemon global and passing that but it didn't seem to work.
Third, this syntax doesn't cause an error but it doesn't seem to
actually work.

Any ideas?

I suppose I should add a "respond_to?" for each of the hooks as well.