[Win32utils-devel] Updated win32-process in CVS

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Thu Dec 2 01:10:48 EST 2004

Hi all,

Aslak's Patch #1137 suggestion inspired me this evening, so I made some
modifications to win32-process.  Instead of passing back HANDLE's, I decided
to pass back standard integers, and use OpenProcess() to get HANDLE's as
needed on the fly based on the pid numbers.

This probably has a minor performance hit, but I think it's more unix-like
on the frontend.  It also solves bug #712, and I no longer get a segfault
with the sample code (though that may also be because I'm using a newer
version of the Ruby Installer for Windows).

Please give it a whirl and/or take a look at the source code and let me know
what you think.

PS - Aslak, this should address Patch #1137 (return int instead of handle),
though I haven't yet taken a look at Patch 1087 ($LOAD_PATH).