[Win32utils-devel] Futzing with TaskScheduler

win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org win32utils-devel at rubyforge.org
Fri Apr 2 19:35:29 EST 2004

Hi all,

Thought I should say something - it's been a little while. :)

Anyway, I'm still futzing with how I want the Ruby API to look.  The more I
look at the Perl version, the more I think it was too faithful to the C API.
  Right now I'm looking at the trigger() method.  For example, I don't see
any reason to make the "type" key take a hash as an argument (thus creating
a nested hash) when none of the keys are duplicate.  We should just DTRT (do
the right thing).

Also, I mostly dislike camel case and I'm not sure what logic MS used when
it chose "BeginX" versus "StartX".  I'm just going to use "start".  So for
now I'm looking at something like this:

t = Trigger.new(task_name,some_host)
t.trigger = {
   :start_year 	=> 2004