[Vit-discuss] Romanian Translations?

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:27:39 EDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Andrei Maxim <andrei at andreimaxim.ro> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I'm quite new to the Ruby world yet it somehow makes me feel special. I
> want
> others to feel special about their language of choice, especially fellow
> countrymen. And, meanwhile I could even learn a trick or two.
> I read about the Ruby site translation effort on _why's Red Handed blog
> and
> signed up on this list. Hopefully somebody will tell me what should I do
> next.
> Andrei

Providing a translation of the Ruby web site would have two parts: 1) the
initial translation of the current content, and 2) the ongoing maintenance
of the Romanian version as new content and news items are added.

This effort will be much more sustainable over the long term if you put
together a  team of at least three people who would commit to translating
and maintaining the site.

We would need the names and email addresses of your team. Then I would add
you and your team to the vit-core mailing list and we would create your
logins on the site's CMS.

BTW, the ruby-lang.org site is powered by the Radient CMS (its a Rails app),
so you could also install Radient on your own machine and play around with
it if you wanted: