[Vit-discuss] Norwegian translation

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 23:52:31 EDT 2006

On 9/21/06, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allright
> I want ruby-lang.org to have a Norwegian translation.
> Norwegian happens to be my mother tongue so I'd be happy to write it.
> How should I proceed. Is there source code somewhere?
> Cheers,
> Aslak

Providing a Norwegian translation of the Ruby web site would have two parts:
1) the initial translation of the current content, and 2) the ongoing
maintenance of the Norwegian version as new content and news items are

I think that this would be much more sustainable over the long term if you
could put together a  team of at least three people who would commit to
translating and maintaining the site.

We would need the email addresses of your team (and their desired login
names). Then I would add you and your team to the vit-core mailing list and
we would create your logins on the site's CMS.

BTW, the ruby-lang.org site is powered by the Radient CMS (its a Rails app),
so you could also install Radient and play around with it if you wanted: