[Vit-discuss] ruby-lang translation: French?

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 21:21:59 EDT 2006

On 9/17/06, Jean-Denis Vauguet <jd at typhon.org> wrote:
> hi VIT!
> First, congratulations for the work you've done. It's more a complete
> spring-cleaning than simply a CSS refresh.
> You might know the French community is pretty active around Ruby, and
> our association, Ruby France (http://www.rubyfr.org and
> http://www.rubyfr.net), tries to both translate and produce content
> (tutorials, poignant guide, ri, rhg, ...).
> You also must know French people, well, suck at speaking and reading
> English (not to mention 日本語 ;).
> That's why I hereby make the proposal of ruby-lang being translated in
> French and maintained up to date by the core of Ruby France volunteers
> :) By "proposal", I mean... "what do you think?" and "how could I start
> this?"

We would definitely welcome this. Why don't you organize your group of
French volunteers, pick one person to be the lead and then send us the list.

Then we'll add your group to the VIT-core mailing list, get the site's CMS
setup for a French version, and then authorize the members of your group to
post content.