[Vit-discuss] Ruby compared to other languages...

Gavin Kistner gavin.kistner at anark.com
Tue Sep 12 18:49:34 EDT 2006

> Is it possible to have equivalent example blocks of code for the
> languages? I'd be willing to submit a few...

I understand the desire, but I would argue against it for three reasons:

1) Have you seen how little screen real-estate there is for code
snippets? There's barely enough for the Ruby code alone; no room for
putting a comparison in there.

2) Let's celebrate Ruby. Poking fun at other languages' syntax just gets
down in the mud.

3) I'd rather not potentially confuse a newcomer who _might_ see such
code from another language and say "Ewww, that's Ruby? Gross."