[Vit-discuss] Documentation Page

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 20:10:35 EDT 2006

On 9/1/06, John W. Long <ng at johnwlong.com> wrote:

> evan at protest.net wrote:
> > Sorry for starting a flamewar here, but the anti-rails bias going in
> > to the ruby-lang website is really disturbing. The site should be
> > about serving the needs of the ruby community, the whole community.
> > Both rails, and all the other good libraries out there should be
> > promoted.
>
> For the record I should state that I'm not aware of an anti-Rails bias
> of any of the members of the visual identity team (the people doing the
> writing). I happen to enjoy Rails quite a bit. I even programmed a
> content management system in it once. :-)

I certainly agree with John. I'm the guy that started and has been managing
the ruby-lang redesign group and I'm one of the biggest promoters of Rails
(just had my Rails book published).

This site is about Ruby. Rails is a part of that, but this is not a
Rails-centric site (Rails has its very own sucessful site for that).

Curt