[Vit-discuss] Documentation Page

Gavin Kistner gavin.kistner at anark.com
Fri Sep 1 17:33:17 EDT 2006

>> And include the Nitro, IOWA, Rmagick, Rake, etc. doc links as well.
>>
>> People use them, too, and look for docs about them,
>> too, and Ruby is not
>> about just what's popular.
>
> OK, now here's my more mature, less snarkish suggestion:
>
> Do not link to specific 3rd-party docs.  Instead, explain how to find
> them.

I agree with you in spirit, but given (what I perceive to be[1]) the
overwhelming popularity of Rails, it makes sense to make an exception to
the rule. It *will* be favoritist/popularist, but it will also be
beneficial to a reasonable percent[2] of users of the site and those
that have to support newbs.

[1] Based on my random samplings of ruby-talk, and the number of
rails-related questions versus other libraries.

[2] Based purely on pulling a guess out of my ass.