[Vit-discuss] Czech translation

John W. Long ng at johnwlong.com
Thu Oct 26 11:39:08 EDT 2006

Jakub Hegenbart wrote:
> I'd like to participate in translating and maintaining the Czech version of the site. I guess it's the best thing I can do for Ruby, being more of a programming translator than the other way around. (Most recently, I translated several hundred pages of Informix documentation for IBM into Czech.) Is there any rough estimate on the current word count?

I've no idea about the word count, but my guess is that there is about
150 pages on the English site. If you want to translate the site, all we
ask is that you get a small team together to maintain the translation.
At least 2-3 people, but the more the merrier. We just want to make sure
that if one person moves on to other things, the maintenance on the site
won't be dropped. Once you have a group of people who want to work on
the site, send me the names privately and we will see that they get
access to the site.

John Long