[Vit-discuss] CSS mods: low vision, a first step (patch) (fwd)

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Nov 16 05:22:22 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Hugh Sasse wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, James Edward Gray II wrote:
> >
> >> We've looked through it now and are discussing it.  Currently, I see
> >> no obvious reasons not to apply this though.
> >
> > I'd be interested in the nature of the discussion.
>
> It was pretty Laurel and Hardy:
        [...]
> Great process, eh?  ;)

:-) No planks or pianos were damaged in the making of this process!

> Unfortunately, this is one of the few things we can easily change
> inside the CMS itself.  We need to make the change in Subversion and
> upgrade the server.  No big deal, I'm just explaining why we haven't
> just pushed a button and made it happen yet.

OK, hopefully it won't be a big change.  I had to use a vile CMS
at work that denied all access to the HTML or CSS, and that would
have been a nightmare to change, I'm sure.

> We also just realized that only Laurel has access to some of these
> services.  We're going to try and correct that too, in the future, so
> Hardy can help out with these tasks too.  ;)

Sounds like a good move.   It might be useful to provide read-only
access to the configuration file(s) for this sort of thing, so if
CSS is not used directly (but generated) we can send you patches
against the proper files.

> We'll get this technology stuff figured out, you just watch!

:-)  [Actually, that probably applies to the whole software industry!]

> James Edward Gray II

        Thank you,
        Hugh