[Vit-discuss] CSS mods: low vision, a first step (patch) (fwd)

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Nov 15 12:56:06 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Nov 15, 2006, at 4:30 AM, Hugh Sasse wrote:
>
> > I submitted this patch 2 months ago.  In case it has been completely
> > forgotten I'm submitting it in full again.  I'm doing this because
> > I've seen no changes along these lines on the website.
>
> Sorry Hugh.  There was some confusion about who needed to handle
> this.  Our bad.

OK.

> We've looked through it now and are discussing it.  Currently, I see
> no obvious reasons not to apply this though.

I'd be interested in the nature of the discussion.  I don't think it
is perfect, it doesn't meet the needs of all visually impaired
people, but I think it is a start.  I think there'll need to be more
than one alternative stylesheet, given the diverse nature of these
things.  If I were to advise, I'd suggest that it be made live and
then debate, creation of alternatives, etc, be encouraged.

> We will keep you posted on our efforts.

Please do, thanks.

> Sorry again for the delay.

Thank you for apologising; apology accepted.

> James Edward Gray II

        Hugh