[Vit-discuss] CSS mods: low vision, a first step (patch) (fwd)

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Dec 5 12:20:33 EST 2006

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, John W. Long wrote:

> Hugh Sasse wrote:
> > +#sidebar h3 {
> > +  background-image: none; */
> > +}
> > +#sidebar .navigation ul li {
> > +  background-image: none; */
> > +}
>
> Hugh, with the above rules you remove the dotted underline that
> separates the menu elements. Is this intentional?

I was trying to simplify the layout, but having tried it with the
image in place (turning the broken comments back on :-)) I don't
find the dashed lines distracting.    I can't figure out why the
sidebar won't expand its width to fit the bigger print, but I can
live without that for now.

> Also is the "*/" just leftover from a comment and should be removed? or

Tripped up by syntax highlighting not complaining --
yes, that should go. Thank you.

So that means these lines can go completely.  Thanks for spotting those.

> is it some sort of hack to get the rule to only be applied in certain
> browsers?

No, I'm not fluent enough in CSS for fancy stuff like that! :-)

        Hugh