[Vit-discuss] User Groups Page

pat eyler pat.eyler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 17:47:25 EDT 2006

On 8/31/06, John W. Long <ng at johnwlong.com> wrote:
> In the interest of improving the Community section, I rewrote the User
> Groups page today:
> http://new.ruby-lang.org/en/community/user-groups/
> Suggestions?

Several.  ;^)

1) I like Ruby Brigades as a term, not everyone does, but it might be
good to mention the term since a lot of Ruby groups call themselves

2) hacking nights are gatherings to work on code.  code fests are more
of a special occassion, often gathering attendees from multiple Ruby

3) you might want to point out that most Ruby brigades/groups at least
dabble in Rails too.  I'd hate for Railz0rs to go off and start their own
group when there's a perfectly good .rb in town.  (I've spent a year
fighting this tendency on mailing lists already.)