[Vit-discuss] Ruby-Lang Redesign Feedback Requested

Michal Suchanek hramrach at centrum.cz
Tue Aug 29 14:00:43 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Martin DeMello <martindemello at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/29/06, John W. Long <ng at johnwlong.com> wrote:
> >
> > Vit-core actually looked a two other variations before rejecting them
> > both for the current approach. Both can be seen in this comp:
> > http://rubyidentity.org/ruby-lang.org/file/ruby-lang.org/trunk/images/download3.png?format=raw
> >
> > One of them (the approach in the sidebar) is just what you suggest. It
> > is, in my opinion the least evasive of the three options.
>
> I really like that one. It does the best job of both harmonising with
> the site and standing out.

Perhaps make the corners all rectangular to also harmonize with the
rest of the links? I would think the arrow icon stands out enough.

I also cannot currently download when I do not load images. Nor do I
see the link to the main page which goes through the logo. Hint: use
alternative text for images. It is also neened for non-visual
browsers.

Thanks

Michal