[Vit-discuss] Ruby-Lang Redesign Feedback Requested

John W. Long ng at johnwlong.com
Tue Aug 29 13:09:52 EDT 2006

Gavin Kistner wrote:
> IF bandwidth is available for further design attempts, what about moving
> the download back to its original (in-header) location, and see if it
> can be slightly modified in that location to appear stronger? Move it to
> the top of the list (despite the fact that the logical progression for
> the 100% newb is to play with _why's web page first)? Add the download
> icon inline after the text?

Vit-core actually looked a two other variations before rejecting them
both for the current approach. Both can be seen in this comp:

http://rubyidentity.org/ruby-lang.org/file/ruby-lang.org/trunk/images/download3.png?format=raw

One of them (the approach in the sidebar) is just what you suggest. It
is, in my opinion the least evasive of the three options.

We rejected the button below the about paragraph because we felt it
hijacked that part of the design.

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com