[Vit-discuss] Ruby-Lang Redesign Feedback Requested

Jim Weirich jim at weirichhouse.org
Mon Aug 28 22:55:06 EDT 2006

John W. Long wrote:
> We've taken your suggestion: [re download button]
> http://new.ruby-lang.org/en/
> I'm not sure that I'm totally satisfied with the way it turned out (it
> tends to draw attention away from the other three boxes, but I agree
> with you that the download action should be more prominent. (I like that
> about the Firefox page as well.)

I like the new download button.  But the download page itself seems a
little bare.  Suppose I am totally new to Ruby ... I see how to get
source, and some windows binaries (and what's the difference between the
windows binaries and the windows installer ... I think *I* know, but I'm
pretty sure a newbie wouldn't).  I think some description of the
differences and then a pointer to installation instructions would be
helpful.   Also, there was a recent discussion of the best way to
install on OSX (source, darwinports, etc).  Some pointers for that might
be nice.

But, hey, guys!  Outstanding work on the site.  I can't wait until it is
ready to go live.

-- Jim Weirich