[Vit-discuss] Ruby-Lang Redesign Feedback Requested

John W. Long ng at johnwlong.com
Mon Aug 28 22:23:32 EDT 2006

Gavin Kistner wrote:
> 2) I like that the Firefox website has a huge "DOWNLOAD NOW" button. The
> most common activity for the site is really, really easy to find. Ruby's
> homepage should, of course, be about more than downloading Ruby.
> However, I suspect that the Download action is more common that the
> current design emphasizes. My suggestion is to (somehow) make that
> action more prominent than its current (near-hidden) location. Perhaps
> as simple as a 'download' icon following the "Download Ruby" words.

We've taken your suggestion:

http://new.ruby-lang.org/en/

I'm not sure that I'm totally satisfied with the way it turned out (it
tends to draw attention away from the other three boxes, but I agree
with you that the download action should be more prominent. (I like that
about the Firefox page as well.)

--
John Long
http://wiseheartdesign.com