[Vit-discuss] Top Ruby Projects algorithm?

pat eyler pat.eyler at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 17:20:07 EDT 2006

On 8/25/06, John W. Long <ng at johnwlong.com> wrote:
> Martin DeMello wrote:
> > On the other hand, the top projects idea does seem to be optimised for
> > first-time and one-time visitors to the page, which is likely to be
> > the overwhelming scenario. And top downloads from rubyforge is a very
> > real measure of how useful people are finding the library.
>
> I think you've pegged why I like the top projects idea. And while I can
> see the value of spotlight blurbs, I think I favor automation over
> manual entry for something like this.

Since it doesn't look like this is going to go on the ruby-lang home page,
I'd be happy to post one of these a week on the O'Reilly Ruby blog if
people wanted to send them to me.  (To avoid a nasty queue, please
drop me an email before sending in a write up -- I'll try to keep two
or three on hand, and will take new ones as my stockpile drains.)

--
thanks,
-pate