[Vit-discuss] Top Ruby Projects algorithm?

John W. Long ng at johnwlong.com
Fri Aug 25 16:42:06 EDT 2006

Martin DeMello wrote:
> Agreed. I suggest replacing the "top" list with a weekly project
> spotlight; I'm sure there are no shortage of people in the community
> willing to write introductory reviews of their favourite projects.
> I'll even volunteer to do the first four myself, if you like the idea.

Instead of picking the top 5 what if I coded the algorithm to take the
top 30 and pick 5 at random from that list?

We could also pull the list from the most active projects, but that list
seems to favor projects that are updated a lot, which would mean that
unstable projects would appear more frequently.

John Long