[Vit-discuss] Top Ruby Projects algorithm?

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 10:05:04 EDT 2006

John W. Long wrote:

> I'm trying to see what it would take to have this information
> automatically updated.

Nit:  What user problem does this information solve?

(One issue I have with lists of what's popular is that they can be
re-enforcing, to the exclusion of other , maybe better, options.)

I'd rather see more space made on the home page for a "Download Here"
widget thing than clutter the main page with RubyForge trivia.

(Other nit: "Top Ruby Projects" is really  "Most downloaded from the
rubyforge.org site".  That probably equates to "most popular projects"
for most cases, but does nothing to account for anything that may be
hosted elsewhere.)

--
James Britt