[Vit-discuss] Ruby-Lang Redesign Feedback Requested

Gavin Kistner gavin.kistner at anark.com
Thu Aug 24 16:50:22 EDT 2006

> Ruby moves slow and core conventions even slower.  Putting a date on
> the page could possibly make it look pretty old, just because
> nothing has changed.

A good point.

I personally hate it when I go read an article online and no date is
attached to its release. I assume the argument is as above: "If we never
update it, it'll look ancient and stagnant!" So my personal bias is to
understand "Hey, some information may not have been updated for 2 years,
but that doesn't mean that it's wrong!"

Ideally, content reviewers can occasionally look at an article (like the
one I cited), say "Yup, it's still valid.", and press a "Reviewed as OK"
button in whatever CMS backend may or may not exist. The article would
then show:

 Last Updated: 12/7/2003
Last Reviewed: 7/2/2006

And those young ADD whippersnappers could say "Hrm...OK, that's a recent
date, I'm happy."