[Vit-discuss] Redesign 2005 Blog

Martin Ankerl martin.ankerl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:20:27 EST 2005

> > I much prefer Michael's "Clean" 1.0 .  It's, well, *cleaner*, crisp,
> > more modern; the header wastes less space,  logo is not the routine,
> > semi-realistic Ruby gem.  The Clean logo scales well,  and lends itself
> > better to T-shirts, business cards, and other re-use.
> This is my take as well, unless its possible to create alternate versions of
> the other logo that were simplified and more stylized (as I said in a

IMHO the ruby logo should not focus too much on providing *one*
stylized version of the ruby-gem that represents Ruby, I think it is
better to be more open. Just like Linux, whenever I see a penguin in
some form I think of Linux (well, maybe I am too much of a geek...).
Having a polymorphic logo like this is really nice, and there are
already a lot of ruby-pages that have their own ruby-gem which all
look different, but still are easily recognizable as Ruby.

Martin Ankerl | http://martinus.geekisp.com/