[Vit-discuss] Redesign 2005 Blog

Ben Giddings bg-rubytalk at infofiend.com
Fri Mar 11 10:18:29 EST 2005

On Mar 11, 2005, at 06:41, David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:
> Just one more thing. If we are to show a code snippet, I think it
> would be way more interesting to do it in a dynamic form. See the
> small gif anims on http://macromates.com/ as an example.

Personally, I really hate animated images.  I told Firefox to only show
me the first frame of any animated image, and to me that has become the
reason I won't use another browser.  It really bothers me to have
things constantly moving when I'm trying to read the text next to them.

I opened up another browser and checked out macromates.  I can see how
it might be useful to show animated images when you're trying to show
text-folding, or other similar things, I just still don't like it.  I'd
much prefer a "before" and "after" image to show what's happening.

Ben