[Vit-discuss] Redesign 2005 Blog

Bill Guindon agorilla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:01:21 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:48:16 -0700, why the lucky stiff
<ruby-talk at whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:

> http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/

Both look fantastic, but in general, I prefer the design of "Ruby
Red".  I agree with Martin Ankerl that the dark red box is a bit too
strong, but I like having that section "pop".

On the content side, I prefer the "Clean" layout.  The content of Ruby
Red seems to lean too much towards the news side of things, I prefer
the "Getting Started", "Participate" (which should have an 'Others'
for IRC, etc.), and the code samples.  Also liked DHH's suggestion for
animated code samples.

Overall, great stuff!  and thanks!

Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)