[Vit-discuss] Redesign 2005 Blog

Bill Guindon agorilla at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:01:21 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 23:48:16 -0700, why the lucky stiff
<ruby-talk at whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:

> http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/

Both look fantastic, but in general, I prefer the design of "Ruby
Red".  I agree with Martin Ankerl that the dark red box is a bit too
strong, but I like having that section "pop".

On the content side, I prefer the "Clean" layout.  The content of Ruby
Red seems to lean too much towards the news side of things, I prefer
the "Getting Started", "Participate" (which should have an 'Others'
for IRC, etc.), and the code samples.  Also liked DHH's suggestion for
animated code samples.

Overall, great stuff!  and thanks!

--
Bill Guindon (aka aGorilla)