[Vit-discuss] Redesign 2005 Blog

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 09:53:52 EST 2005

why the lucky stiff wrote:
> We're still working on this site a bit, so keep it on the down low for
> now-- a.k.a. sshhh--
>
> http://redhanded.hobix.com/redesign2005/

I much prefer Michael's "Clean" 1.0 .  It's, well, *cleaner*, crisp,
more modern; the header wastes less space,  logo is not the routine,
semi-realistic Ruby gem.  The Clean logo scales well,  and lends itself
better to T-shirts, business cards, and other re-use.

The information on the page is also more focused on practical usage.
For example, there is no need to publish recent blog headlines; better
to have a link to a list of blogs and use the saved space more
effectively (as Michael has done).

Overall,  the Clean design does more with a better use of space.   Like
Ruby itself.

(On a side note, I can see possible problems with encouraging discussion
here, and on ruby-talk, and as well as in blog comments.  There are
likely to be duplicate discussions, with people missing good points
unless they are actively following all sources.)

James Britt