[Vit-discuss] Blogs Considered Harmful

Alexander Kellett ruby-lists at lypanov.net
Thu Feb 24 16:53:48 EST 2005

On Feb 24, 2005, at 10:47 PM, Todd Grimason wrote:
> I don't really see a reason for it to be compelling for rubyists to
> return often - I think php.net is the best example - it centralizes
> conferences and user groups, and occasional "big" news. It is
> otherwise totally focused on getting php or learning it (docs). This
> lowers the need to constantly keep it up to date and "fresh", and
> avoids political decisions on who gets to say what, and where.

i visited php.net everyday while coding php, api's
aren't just for beginners. i've been coding ruby
for 3 years now and still need to look at the reference
to various core classes several times a day.

at the very least i would be compelled to return frequently.
especially if important news would show up.

Alex