[Vit-discuss] I'm getting the manager!
blaumag at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:27:11 EST 2005
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:59:01 -0500, Todd Grimason <todd at slack.net> wrote:
> I think the point raised by David HH from Rails to someone here about
> "design by committee" has made its first appearance already. Whomever
> is running this show should probably just make the call or this is
> likely to continue indefinitely, ad nauseum, and people will get
> frustrated and leave.
I've been in a similar situation when trying to redesign gnome.org. I
left early, maybe two months into a project that eventually took years
(and the outcome wasn't that good, in my opinion). My proposal:
- Set a deadline for defining the voting system
- Set a deadline for defining the groups to be formed.
- Set a deadline for defining the participants of each group.
- Set a deadline for delivering a design mockup.
- Set a deadline for delivering the final version.
- Set a deadline for implementing the redesigned website.
I would prefer to have very little time between deadlines --i.e. one
week for each milestone-- and let the small groups decide on their
More information about the vit-discuss