[Vit-discuss] I'm getting the manager!

Todd Grimason todd at slack.net
Thu Feb 24 09:59:01 EST 2005

I think the point raised by David HH from Rails to someone here about
"design by committee" has made its first appearance already. Whomever
is running this show should probably just make the call or this is
likely to continue indefinitely, ad nauseum, and people will get
frustrated and leave.

Over a year ago I tried to help out with a similar project for python,
and this exact situation brought it down in flames. Everyone spent
lots of time and effort, all for naught since there was no "manager"
and eventually Guido actually stepped in and shut down the effort. I
think we should try to avoid a similar outcome (though matz sounds a
bit more carefree [in a good way]!)